1. A copy of the SHU-SILC Application Form for international exchange students can be obtained from the International Office of SILC, Shanghai University via email or letter inquiries.
2. Student applicants must submit the following supporting documents along with the filled application form to the International office of SILC:
1) The filled “SHU-SILC Application Form for International Students”
2) Most recent academic record approved by your home university.
3) A copy of valid passport
4) Three photographs (passport size)
5) Proof of English language ability (for non-English native speakers)
6) One recommendation letter from your home university
7) Study plan at Shanghai University
3. Application deadlines:
December 1st of each year (for admission in February for Spring term)
June 1st of each year (for admission in August for Autumn term and Winter term)
Upon receiving the above-mentioned documents, SILC will, within two to four weeks, mail the applicant a copy of the Visa Application Form for Foreign Students (JW202 Form), as well as the Admission Notice.
5. Language requirement:
- All courses available to exchange students are offered in English by SILC:
Great command of the English language is a must (writing AND speaking)
- Exchange students at SILC will have the opportunity to attend Chinese language courses offered by Shanghai University; however students themselves shall be responsible for any extra costs incurred
6. Student check-in
Admitted students should check in, make necessary payments and register before the date specified on the Admission Notice. SILC reserves the right to cancel previously issued student admissions in the case that a student fails to complete the registration process before the date specified on his/her Admission Notice. Students who fail to check-in and complete their registration process in time due to unforeseeable reasons must submit a petition form in writing; study may continue only if the petition form is accepted and approved by the university.
7. Contact us:
Director of International Relations
Sydney Institute of Language & Commerce, Shanghai University
Address: Wenhui Building, 20 Chengzhong Rd.
Jia Ding Dist. Shanghai China 201800